6-8 March 2018, Grand Millennium Hotel Muscat, Oman
Discover the latest developments of MediaINFO Digital Library during the 24rd Annual Conference & Exhibition of the Special Libraries Association/Arabian Gulf Chapter.
The conference will be held 6 – 8th of March 2018 at Grand Millennium Hotel Muscatin Oman. Together with Forefront Technologies you will find us at the section covered by Naseej – Arabian Advanced Systems.
This years theme covers today’s “BigData and Cloud Technology” that is creating the marketing strategies of the libraries and information centers future. According to the conference it was predicted that the market for big data will reach $43.3 billion in 2017, growing 6 times faster than the overall IT market, while libraries and information centers are considered the actual repository that users expect to find their needs in.
Based on that, the conference intends to:
- Bring together applications from professional researchers, academics, publishers, and users in the area of information studies and related disciplines.
- Expand professional competences and expertise of information programs, library services, and publishers market.
- Increase and encourage information and knowledge values stemming from the massive volume of data which are made available currently and in the near future.
- Explore the approaches for Big Data and Service Sharing in resources, portals, platforms, and open-sources, technology and tools.
- Encourage the issue of interdisciplinarity in managing BigData to ensure integration of deep knowledge rather than presenting uniformed learning and training programs.
- Help publishers, marketers and information services providers playing the numbers game (analytics) revealing the user side of data aggregation and analysis, the way they compile, assess, and act on.
For more information please visit: slaagc.org/slaagc2018
MediaINFO is a complete software solution for intuitive viewing, browsing, searching, cataloguing and sharing digitized content. MediaINFO is powering some of the world’s most prestigious libraries, publishers, educational & government institutions, and magazines. MediaINFO helps organizations utilize and re-use their content more effectively by leveraging past investments in content and re-purposing them for new audiences, over an internal network or the internet.
Naseej is the leading knowledge solutions provider in the Arab World serving the region’s top Academic, research, cultural, and government organizations and corporations for the past 25 years; delivering world-class solutions and services. Naseej today employs over 300 highly skilled professionals throughout the region in the fields of Knowledge Management, Information Technology and Business Development that collaborate and work together to produce and deliver cutting-edge, yet practical, solutions and services.
About Forefront Technologies
Forefront Technologies is a major IT Distribution operation with a primary focus on Document Imaging Hardware and Storage Systems and Solutions. Established since 1995 in Jebel Ali Free Zone – Dubai, and powered by an experienced team of professionals, it now enjoys recognition as a major player in growing and serving this industry in the Middle East region.
Forefront Technologies will continue to Lend Strategic Assistance to its network of Channel Partners and Value Added Resellers while remaining dedicated to their respective objectives, thereby contributing to a Qualitative evolution of the Document Imaging and Storage Technologies in these markets.